Administrative Report Card
Date Report Card was Created:
Did the contractor demonstrate compliance with the scope of their awarded SINs?
Did the contractor identify noncontract products/services to their GSA contract customers
Did the contractor demonstrate compliance with the Trade Agreement Act?
Is the contractor up-to-date on GSA Advantage!®?
Does the contractor have a system in place that substantially identifies, tracks and reports GSA sales accurately and
Is the contractor meeting or exceeding minimum contract sales requirement in accordance with the Contract Sales
Does the contractor have a system in place to monitor the "BASIS OF AWARD" customer discount relationship?
Did the contractor charge customers the contract price or lower?
Has the contractor notified GSA to initiate requirements for a change of name and/or novation?
If a Commercial or Individual Subcontracting Plan is required, did the contractor meet the goals specified in the plan
or is the contractor progressing toward meeting the goals specified in the plan?
Does the contractor possess evidence or rely on a reasonable basis to substantiate items identified with
environmental attributes on GSA Advantage!®?
The above items are deemed critical. Failure to meet any one (1) of these items will result in a rating of SERIOUS CONCERNS EXIST.
Since the issuance of the most recent Report Card but no more than 36 months back, are the Contractor's Report of
Sales on time?
Since the issuance of the most recent Report Card but no more than 36 months back, has the contractor remitted the
Industrial Funding Fee on time?
14. Is the Contractor's authorized pricelist current with contract requirements?
15. Was the contractor able to demonstrate timely delivery?
16. Is the contractor identifying items on GSA Advantage!® that have environmental attributes?
17. Is the contractor capable of accepting the Governmentwide Commercial Purchase card?
Is the Contractor's records location and administrative representative information correct? (e.g., address, phone, fax,
19. If there are participating dealers, are the dealers listed and current in the contract pricelist and GSA Advantage!®?
20. If the contract includes prompt payment discounts, are the prompt payment terms shown on the invoices?
Items in Category 2 are mandatory, but not critical. If all Category 1 items are met: failure in one (1) item in Section 2 will result in a VERY
GOOD rating; failure in any two (2) or three (3) items from this section will result in a SATISFACTORY rating; failure to meet four (4) or more
items in Category 2 will result in a MARGINAL rating.
21. Does the contractor offer second tier pricing discounts on blanket purchase agreements issued against the contract?
If there are contractor teaming arrangements, do they address how customer service, sales and IFF issues will be
23. Is the contractor free from bankruptcy proceedings?
EXCEPTIONAL rating: Must be Very Good and no more than one (1) failure in Category 3.