Chapter #, Section #:
Questions / Main Ideas /
Notes / Answers / Definitions / Examples / Sentences
* Write the definition for each “Key Term”. Then use the “Key Term”
in in a sentence (underline the “Key Term”) or give an example
that shows your understanding of the term in correct historical
* Explain the importance of each “Key Person”. Include the
major events they were involved with and the impact they had
* For any “Academic Vocabulary” words you find in the section,
write the definition for the “Academic Vocabulary” word and
use it in a sentence (underline the “Academic Vocabulary”
word) that shows your understanding of the word.
Reading Check Questions
* In complete sentences and with sufficient details, answer each
“Reading Check” question in the section.
* At the end of each section, answer the section assessment
questions. Use complete sentences with sufficient details.
Do not complete the “Writing Journal” question.
* As you read you may want to add any additional notes,
events, or any information you see as important. Drawing charts,
timelines, graphs, graphic organizers, etc. may help you
understand the content. These notes will be helpful when
studying for tests/ quizzes and may, at times, be used on
BE SURE TO READ THE ENTIRE SECTION, NOT JUST SEARCH FOR
THE ANSWERS! YOU WILL BE TESTED ON ALL MATERIAL!