Form W-9 - Request For Taxpayer Identification Number And Certification - 2007

Download a blank fillable Form W-9 - Request For Taxpayer Identification Number And Certification - 2007 in PDF format just by clicking the "DOWNLOAD PDF" button.

Open the file in any PDF-viewing software. Adobe Reader or any alternative for Windows or MacOS are required to access and complete fillable content.

Complete Form W-9 - Request For Taxpayer Identification Number And Certification - 2007 with your personal data - all interactive fields are highlighted in places where you should type, access drop-down lists or select multiple-choice options.

Some fillable PDF-files have the option of saving the completed form that contains your own data for later use or sending it out straight away.


Request for Taxpayer
Give form to the
requester. Do not
(Rev. October 2007)
Identification Number and Certification
send to the IRS.
Department of the Treasury
Internal Revenue Service
Name (as shown on your income tax return)
Business name, if different from above
Check appropriate box:
Individual/Sole proprietor
Limited liability company. Enter the tax classification (D=disregarded entity, C=corporation, P=partnership)
Other (see instructions)
Address (number, street, and apt. or suite no.)
Requester’s name and address (optional)
City, state, and ZIP code
List account number(s) here (optional)
Part I
Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN)
Social security number
Enter your TIN in the appropriate box. The TIN provided must match the name given on Line 1 to avoid
backup withholding. For individuals, this is your social security number (SSN). However, for a resident
alien, sole proprietor, or disregarded entity, see the Part I instructions on page 3. For other entities, it is
your employer identification number (EIN). If you do not have a number, see How to get a TIN on page 3.
Employer identification number
Note. If the account is in more than one name, see the chart on page 4 for guidelines on whose
number to enter.
Part II
Under penalties of perjury, I certify that:
1. The number shown on this form is my correct taxpayer identification number (or I am waiting for a number to be issued to me), and
I am not subject to backup withholding because: (a) I am exempt from backup withholding, or (b) I have not been notified by the Internal
Revenue Service (IRS) that I am subject to backup withholding as a result of a failure to report all interest or dividends, or (c) the IRS has
notified me that I am no longer subject to backup withholding, and
3. I am a U.S. citizen or other U.S. person (defined below).
Certification instructions. You must cross out item 2 above if you have been notified by the IRS that you are currently subject to backup
withholding because you have failed to report all interest and dividends on your tax return. For real estate transactions, item 2 does not apply.
For mortgage interest paid, acquisition or abandonment of secured property, cancellation of debt, contributions to an individual retirement
arrangement (IRA), and generally, payments other than interest and dividends, you are not required to sign the Certification, but you must
provide your correct TIN. See the instructions on page 4.
Signature of
U.S. person
General Instructions
Definition of a U.S. person. For federal tax purposes, you are
considered a U.S. person if you are:
Section references are to the Internal Revenue Code unless
An individual who is a U.S. citizen or U.S. resident alien,
otherwise noted.
A partnership, corporation, company, or association created or
Purpose of Form
organized in the United States or under the laws of the United
A person who is required to file an information return with the
An estate (other than a foreign estate), or
IRS must obtain your correct taxpayer identification number (TIN)
to report, for example, income paid to you, real estate
A domestic trust (as defined in Regulations section
transactions, mortgage interest you paid, acquisition or
abandonment of secured property, cancellation of debt, or
Special rules for partnerships. Partnerships that conduct a
contributions you made to an IRA.
trade or business in the United States are generally required to
Use Form W-9 only if you are a U.S. person (including a
pay a withholding tax on any foreign partners’ share of income
resident alien), to provide your correct TIN to the person
from such business. Further, in certain cases where a Form W-9
requesting it (the requester) and, when applicable, to:
has not been received, a partnership is required to presume that
a partner is a foreign person, and pay the withholding tax.
1. Certify that the TIN you are giving is correct (or you are
Therefore, if you are a U.S. person that is a partner in a
waiting for a number to be issued),
partnership conducting a trade or business in the United States,
2. Certify that you are not subject to backup withholding, or
provide Form W-9 to the partnership to establish your U.S.
3. Claim exemption from backup withholding if you are a U.S.
status and avoid withholding on your share of partnership
exempt payee. If applicable, you are also certifying that as a
U.S. person, your allocable share of any partnership income from
The person who gives Form W-9 to the partnership for
a U.S. trade or business is not subject to the withholding tax on
purposes of establishing its U.S. status and avoiding withholding
foreign partners’ share of effectively connected income.
on its allocable share of net income from the partnership
Note. If a requester gives you a form other than Form W-9 to
conducting a trade or business in the United States is in the
request your TIN, you must use the requester’s form if it is
following cases:
substantially similar to this Form W-9.
The U.S. owner of a disregarded entity and not the entity,
Cat. No. 10231X
(Rev. 10-2007)


00 votes

Related Articles

Related forms

Related Categories

Parent category: Financial
Page of 4