Form Inz 1020 - Application For A Variation Of Conditions Or A Variation Of Travel Conditions


Client no.:
Date received:
Application no.:
INZ 1020
November 2014
Application for a
Variation of Conditions or a
Variation of Travel Conditions
for changing the conditions of a temporary visa
Who may apply for a variation of conditions?
Visitor visa holders
You may be able to apply for a variation of conditions to allow
You may be able to apply for a variation of conditions if
you to study part-time or to undertake seasonal work in the
you hold a student visa, a work visa, or a visitor visa. Your
horticulture or viticulture industries. If you hold a visitor visa
application will only be granted if the new conditions would
granted for the purpose of being a guardian to a foreign fee-
meet the immigration instructions your original visa was
paying student, your variation of conditions will only allow you
issued under.
to work between the hours of 9:30 am and 2:30 pm Monday to
Student visa holders
Friday (inclusive) or to study part-time.
You may be able to apply for a variation of conditions to
Who may apply for a variation of travel conditions?
allow you to change the course you are studying and/or the
You may apply for a variation of travel conditions if you hold a
education provider you are studying with, or to allow you to
student visa, a work visa or a visitor visa and you wish to leave
work part-time and/or full-time during your holidays.
New Zealand and return under the same visa conditions.
If you want to apply for a variation of conditions to change the
What should you send with your application?
course you are studying and/or the education provider you
When you have completed the form use the checklist at the
are studying with, you must obtain a variation of conditions
end to make sure you have sent all the documents we need.
before changing your course and/or education provider.
Please contact us on 0508 558 855 to discuss your situation if
Where do you send your application?
you need help applying for a variation of conditions.
Send it to your nearest Immigration New Zealand office. See
If you withdraw from your course of study and/or education
for office addresses.
provider before varying the conditions of your visa, you will be
in breach of your visa conditions. Applicants who breach their
Immigration Advisers Licensing Act 2007
visa conditions may not ordinarily be granted a variation of
Under the Immigration Advisers Licensing Act 2007 it is an
conditions and may become liable for deportation.
offence to provide immigration advice without being licensed
If you are the legal guardian of someone who holds a student
or exempt. If your immigration adviser is not licensed when
visa which is conditional on them living with you, you may be
they should be, Immigration New Zealand will return your
able to apply for a variation of conditions which temporarily
exempts them from this requirement. The variation of
For more information and to view the register of licensed
conditions will only be granted if an immigration officer is
advisers, go to the Immigration Advisers Authority website
satisfied that an emergency exists which requires you to
or email
temporarily return to your home country.
Lawyers provide immigration advice and are exempt from
Work visa holders
licensing under the Immigration Advisers Licensing Act. For
You may apply for a variation of conditions to allow you
more information and to view the register of immigration
to change your occupation, your employer or your place
lawyers, go to the New Zealand Law Society website
of employment, or to study part-time. If you are changing
employer, your new employer must complete the Employer
Supplementary [INZ 1113] Form, unless your new employer is
t is an offence to employ a person who is not entitled to work
an Accredited Employer.
in New Zealand. One way for employers to avoid committing
If you hold an Essential Skills work visa and wish to change
this offence is to check a person’s entitlement to work
your occupation or place of employment, you will need to
with Immigration New Zealand’s online VisaView system.
apply for a new work visa, unless your occupation is listed
Disclosure of information through VisaView is authorised by
on the Essential Skills in Demand Lists and you meet the
requirements of the relevant list.
If you believe that an employer has been given the wrong
entitlement information via VisaView you may contact the
Immigration Contact Centre (0508 558 855) to request
correction of that information.


00 votes

Related Articles

Related forms

Related Categories

Parent category: Legal