INSTRUCTIONS OP-1(NNA) Revised 01/10/2017
OMB No.: 2126-0016 Expiration: 01/31/2020
United States Department of Transportation
Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration
Application for U.S. Department of Transportation (USDOT) Registration
by Non-North America-Domiciled Motor Carriers
INSTRUCTIONS for FORM OP-1 ( NNA )
Please read these instructions before completing the application form. Retain the
instructions and a copy of the completed application for the applicant’s records. These
instructions will assist an applicant in preparing an accurate and complete application.
Applications that do not contain the required information will be rejected and may result
in a loss of the application fee, if applicable. The application must be completed in English
and typed or printed in ink. If additional space is needed to provide a response to any
item, attach the information to the form. Identify the applicant on each supplemental
page and refer to the section and item number in the application for each response.
PURPOSE OF THIS APPLICATION FORM
The Form OP-1(NNA) is required to be filed by non-North America-domiciled for-hire motor carriers of passengers or property and
motor private carriers who wish to register to transport property or passengers in the United States.
WHAT TO FILE
All applicants must submit the following:
1. An original and one copy of a completed revised Form OP-1(NNA) Application for U.S. Department of Transportation (USDOT)
Registration by Non-North America-Domiciled Motor Carriers.
2. A signed and dated Form BOC-3, Designation of Agents for Service of Process, which reflects the applicant’s full and correct
name, as shown on the Form OP-1(NNA), and applicant’s address, including the street address, the city, state, country and zip
code, must be attached to the application, unless the applicant attaches a letter stating it will use a process agent service that
will submit the Form BOC-3 electronically. The BOC-3 form must show street address(es), and not post office box numbers, for
the person(s) designated as the agent(s) for service of process and administrative notices in connection with the enforcement
of any applicable Federal statutes or regulations. A person must be designated in each State in which the applicant will
operate. Please refer to the section “Legal Process Agents” for instructions for filing the Form BOC-3 when using a Process
Agent Service. The applicant may not begin operations unless the Form BOC-3 has been filed with the Federal Motor
Carrier Safety Administration.
3. A completed and signed Form MCS-150 Motor Carrier Identification Report.
4. If required under Section 3, a filing fee of $300 payable in U.S. dollars on a U.S. bank to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety
Administration, by means of a check, money order, or an approved credit card. Cash is not accepted.
GENERAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR
COMPLETING THE APPLICATION FORM
• All questions on the application form must be answered completely and accurately. If a question or supplemental attachment
does not apply to the applicant, it should be answered “not applicable. ”
• The application must be typewritten or printed in ink. Applications written in pencil will be rejected.
• The application must be completed in English.
• The completed certification statements and oath must be signed by the applicant only. For example:
If the company is a sole proprietorship, the owner must sign.
If the company is a partnership, one of the partners must sign.
If the company is a corporation, an official of the company must sign (President, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer, etc.).
• The same person must sign the oath and certifications. An applicant’s attorney or any other representative is not permitted to sign.
FORM OP-1(NNA) Instructions • Page I of IV