Directions: Read each sentence. Then circle the letter next to the answer that best
completes the sentence.
1. During a thunderstorm ____________ often happens.
2. ____________ form over the ocean.
3. A ____________ reaches down from a thunderstorm and can spin at 250 mph
4. The record for the hottest weather in the United States in the twentieth century
was ____________ in Death Valley, California.
a. 115 degrees
b. 128 degrees
c. 134 degrees
5. A ____________ is a severe snowstorm when winds blow hard and it is difficult
6. One raindrop can be as large as ____________.
a. 1/8 inch
b. 1/4 inch
c. 1/2 inch