Multiplication With Tape Diagram
Solve each problem using a tape diagram.
A n s w e r s
1) An ice cream shop sold 24 waffle cones. They sold 4 times as many sugar cones as waffle
cones and 3 times as many wafer cones as sugar cones. How many cones did they sell
2) On week 1 a football player jogged for 39 minutes. On week 2 he jogged for 2 times as
long. On week 3 he jogged for 2 times as long as he jogged on week 2. How many minute
did he jog across all 3 weeks?
3) A school principal was looking over grades. In math 18 students scored a C. 3 times as
many students scored a B. And 2 times as many students scored an A as scored a B. How
many students scored an A, B or C?
4) Vanessa's Pizza Place sold 35 sausage pizzas on Super Bowl Sunday. They also sold about
9 times as many cheese pizzas and 5 times as many pepperoni pizzas. How many pizzas
did they sell total?
5) A malt shop sold 35 vanilla shakes. They sold 3 times as many strawberry shakes and 8
times as many chocolate shakes. How many shakes did they sell total?
80 60 40 20 0