OMB No. 0704-0290
REQUEST FOR ARMED FORCES PARTICIPATION IN PUBLIC EVENTS
OMB approval expires
November 30, 2019
The public reporting burden for this collection of information is estimated to average 20 minutes per response, including the time for reviewing instructions, searching existing data sources, gathering
and maintaining the data needed, and completing and reviewing the collection of information. Send comments regarding this burden estimate or any other aspect of this collection of information,
including suggestions for reducing the burden, to the Department of Defense, Washington Headquarters Services, Executive Services Directorate, Directives Division, 4800 Mark Center Drive,
Alexandria, VA 22350-3100 (0704-0290). Respondents should be aware that notwithstanding any other provision of law, no person shall be subject to any penalty for failing to comply with a
collection of information if it does not display a currently valid OMB control number. PLEASE DO NOT RETURN YOUR FORM TO THE ABOVE ORGANIZATION. RETURN COMPLETED FORM
TO THE APPROPRIATE ADDRESS ON THE BACK OF THIS FORM.
ALL DATA WILL BE HANDLED ON A "FOR OFFICIAL USE ONLY" BASIS.
PURPOSE: This form is used to request all Armed Forces MUSICAL UNIT, TROOP, COLOR/HONOR GUARD, and/or EXHIBIT/EQUIPMENT
participation in public events. The information is required to evaluate the event for appropriateness and compliance with DoD policies and for
coordination with the units involved. Please complete all sections.
SECTION I - EVENT DATA
1. SPECIFIC REQUIREMENT (i.e., Musical Unit, Color Guard, military equipment, etc.)
2. DATE OF EVENT
3. TIME OF EVENT
4. TITLE OF EVENT (and website, if applicable)
b. MEDIA COVERAGE (X all that apply)
c. VIP ATTENDANCE (X if applicable)
6. SITE OF EVENT (e.g., Park, Auditorium, etc.) (NOTE: This site must be
7. ADDRESS OF EVENT (Street, City, State, ZIP Code)
accessible to and usable by persons with disabilities.)
8. PROGRAM (Describe program theme and objective, audience and civic makeup, and the purpose of Armed Forces participation.)
9.a. HAVE OTHER ARMED FORCES UNITS BEEN REQUESTED TO SUPPORT
b. HAS DoD SUPPORTED THIS EVENT IN THE PAST? (If so, specify previous
THIS EVENT? (If so, specify.)
10. IS THERE ANY CHARGE? (e.g., admission, parking, etc. If so, specify.)
11. IS THIS EVENT BEING USED TO RAISE FUNDS FOR ANY PURPOSE?
(If so, specify how funds will be distributed.)
12. WILL ADMISSION, SEATING, AND ALL OTHER ACCOMMODATIONS AND FACILITIES CONNECTED WITH THIS EVENT BE AVAILABLE TO
ALL PERSONS WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, CREED, RELIGION, COLOR, SEX OR NATIONAL ORIGIN? (X appropriate box)
SECTION II - SPONSORING ORGANIZATION DATA
13. NAME AND WEBSITE OF SPONSORING ORGANIZATION
(X appropriate box for each item.)
14. IS THE SPONSORING ORGANIZATION A CIVIC ORGANIZATION? (e.g., a non-governmental organization primarily focused on improving broad
based communities at large.)
15. DOES THE EVENT HAVE THE OFFICIAL BACKING OF THE LOCAL GOVERNMENT?
16.a. DOES THE SPONSORING ORGANIZATION EXCLUDE ANY PERSON FROM ITS MEMBERSHIP OR PRACTICE ANY FORM OF
DISCRIMINATION IN ITS FUNCTIONS BASED ON RACE, CREED, COLOR, SEX OR NATIONAL ORIGIN?
b. DO ANY OF THE FOLLOWING APPLY TO YOUR EVENT?
(X all that apply.)
17. SPONSOR'S REPRESENTATIVE (Please PRINT all contact information.)
a. NAME (Include Mr./Ms./Military Rank)
b. ADDRESS (Street, City, State, ZIP Code)
c. PRIMARY TELEPHONE
d. ALTERNATE TELEPHONE
(Include area code)
e. FAX NUMBER (Incl. area code)
f. E-MAIL ADDRESS
SECTION III - SPONSORING ORGANIZATION SUPPORT DATA
18. See page 2, paragraph 3 before completing this section. Please answer the following questions ONLY for musical support requests.
Is the sponsor offering to: (X appropriate box for each item.)
a. Fund the standard Military Services allowance for meals, quarters, and incidental expenses for Armed Forces participants?
b. Fund transportation costs, meals, and hotel accommodations for unit representatives to visit the site prior to the event?
c. Fund transportation costs from home station to the event and return for Armed Forces participants?
d. Fund transportation costs for Armed Forces participants between the site of the event and the hotel?
e. Provide telephone facilities for necessary official communications at the site of the event?
SECTION IV - CERTIFICATION
19. I am acting on behalf of the sponsoring organization and certify that the information provided above is complete and accurate to the best of my
knowledge. I understand that representatives from the military services will contact me to discuss arrangements and costs involved prior to final
commitments, or to inform me of their inability to support this event. I also understand that operational commitments must take priority and can
preclude a scheduled appearance at an approved public activity.
a. SIGNATURE OF SPONSOR'S REPRESENTATIVE
b. DATE SIGNED (YYYYMMDD)
c. PRINT NAME AND TITLE
DD FORM 2536, DEC 2016
PREVIOUS EDITION IS OBSOLETE.
Adobe Professional X