R E I N A S U G I Y A M A
| 646.246.4950 |
E X P E R I E N C E
A M ER I C A N E A GL E O UT F I T T E R S
Graphic Designer | New York, NY | July 11’ - Present
Full time position leading Women‘s Graphics.
- Report directly into the Senior Design Director and Art Director, leading and managing all issues for Women’s Graphic Tees.
- Lead focus on the brand's fashion trend-right graphics for women's tees collaborating with the cut and sew design team and CAD
pattern team mainly for all chain floor sets, working closely with the Art Director and the Senior Design Director. Graphics and
artwork include but not limited to, trend-right graphic patterns such as geometric, tribal, floral, full color illustrations, modern
typography layouts, full embellishments, photo real artworks, and vintage inspired typographic layouts.
- Research trend in retail and runway.
- Concept shopping for inspirations and research for new techniques.
- Present big ideas to the seasonal lines to the Vice Presidents and Executatives during official buying meetings.
- Travel with the concept team for an internal trend report.
- Production for all artwork working with the production team and the vendors, making all the embellishment decisions and fabric
- Responsible for sample developments from the vendors: from commenting strike-offs to approving final design sample.
- Working directly with the accessories, sweaters and denim team for their occasional seasonal graphic needs: graphic needs
include but not limited to, trend-right patterns, illustrations, and modern type layouts.
A B E R C R OM B I E & F I T C H
Associate Graphic Designer | Columbus, OH | August 09’ - June 11’
Full time position at Abercrombie & Fitch design headquarters where I was responsible for researching
trends, concepts development, and designing mainly graphic tees for Hollister women's.
- Lead focus on the brand's fashion graphics including embellished tees reporting directly to the art director. Artworks included but
not limited to, 3-dimensional embellishments, full color illustrations and paintings, typographic layouts, and core branded appliqués
- Research trend and bring all inspirations not only for the concept presentation but on a daily basis to the art director and the
- Travel for concept and trend report with other designers: traveled for inspirations to San Diego for true surf and skate culture,
traveled to Las Vegas during spring break to research the graphic tee trend. traveled to New York for concept shopping.
- Sample development working closely with the merchandising team.
- Working directly with the outerwear, accesories, swim and sweater team for any seasonal graphic needs: graphic needs include
but not limited to, canvas tote bags, bikini patterns artworks, outerwear prints and patches for sweaters.
E XP R E S S , L I M I T E D B R ANDS
Freelance Graphic Designer | New York, NY | April 09’ - July 09’
Designing men’s graphic tees based off of a concept provided by the Art Director.
H YP E R A KT D E S I GN GR OUP
Intern/Freelance Designer| Brooklyn, NY | Sept 07’ - Dec 07’
Helping the directors with illustrations and design works for award-winning graphic design firm in Brooklyn.
R O L L I N G S T O NE MA G A ZI NE
Design/Art Inter | New York, NY | January 07’ - May 07’
Art Directors and Photo Directors helping layouts, photo retouching.
D KN Y, D ON N A K A R A N
Graphic Design Intern | New York, NY | Sepetmber 06’ - January 06’
Designed DKNY marketing materials, postcards, sales card, in-store graphics, and fashion show press kit.
E D U C A T I O N
P A R S O NS T H E N E W S CHOOL F OR DE S IG N
| New York, NY
Bachelor of Fine Arts Degree in Communication Design Major 2008
S K I L L S
A W A R D S