Instructions For Application For Replacement/initial Nonimmigrant Arrival-Departure Document (Form I-102)


Instructions for Application for Replacement/Initial
Nonimmigrant Arrival-Departure Document
Form I-102
Department of Homeland Security
OMB No. 1615-0079
U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services
Expires 10/31/2019
What is the Purpose of This Form?
Use this form to request a new or replacement of an incorrect, lost, stolen, or mutilated Nonimmigrant Arrival-Departure
When Should I Use This Form?
You may file a Form I-102 if you:
1. Were admitted at a port-of-entry (POE) in the United States (whether at a land border, an airport, or a seaport) and:
A. You were not issued an initial Form I-94, I-94W, or I-95; or
B. You need to replace your lost, stolen, or mutilated Form I-94, I-94W, or I-95.
NOTE: If you were admitted to the United States by CBP at an airport or seaport after April 30, 2013, you may have
been issued an electronic Form I-94 by CBP, instead of a paper Form I-94. You may visit the CBP website at
to obtain a paper version of an electronic Form I-94. CBP does not charge a fee for this service.
Some travelers admitted to the United States at a land border, airport, or seaport, after April 30, 2013 with a passport or
travel document, who were issued a paper Form I-94 by CBP, may also be able to obtain a replacement Form I-94 from
the CBP website without charge. If your Form I-94 cannot be obtained from the CBP website, it may be obtained by
filing Form I-102 with USCIS. USCIS does charge a fee for this service.
2. Would like to replace a lost, stolen, or mutilated Form I-94W or receive an initial Form I-94W, but only if you were
admitted at a POE at a land border, or you were admitted at a POE at an airport or seaport on or before June 28, 2010;
3. Extended/changed your initial nonimmigrant status with USCIS after you were admitted to the United States, and you
need a replacement of your lost, stolen, or mutilated Form I-94;
4. Were not issued a Form I-94 when you entered as a nonimmigrant member of the military; or
5. Were issued Form I-94, I-94W, or I-95 with incorrect information.
NOTE: If CBP issued you Form I-94, I-94W, or I-95 with incorrect information (for example: misspelled name,
incorrect date of birth, visa classification, or date of admission), you should not file Form I-102. You will need to go
to the nearest CBP POE or the nearest CBP deferred inspection office, in person, to have the information corrected.
For locations and hours of operation visit the CBP's website at
General Instructions
USCIS provides forms free of charge through the USCIS website. In order to view, print, or fill out our forms, you should
use the latest version of Adobe Reader, which can be downloaded for free at
Each application must be properly signed and filed. A photocopy of a signed application or a typewritten name in place
of a signature is not acceptable. If you are under 14 years of age, your parent or legal guardian may sign the application
on your behalf.
Each application must be accompanied by the appropriate filing fee. (See the What Is the Filing Fee section of these
instructions for more information.)
Evidence. You must submit all required initial evidence and supporting documentation with your application at the time
of filing.
Form I-102 Instructions 10/19/17 N
Page 1 of 7


00 votes

Related Articles

Related forms

Related Categories

Parent category: Legal
Page of 7