Classroom Observation Form for Teaching Faculty
Course/Section Observed: _______________
# Students Registered: _____
# Students Present: _____
On a scale of 1 to 5, please indicate the extent to which the instructor meets the teaching criteria listed below.
Please include comments in the column on the right. Attach additional comments as necessary.
1. Objectives: The professor made a clear
statement of the objectives of the session at
the beginning of class or at another
2. Preparation: The professor was well-
prepared for class with necessary materials.
3. Organization: The professor presented the
material in an organized manner.
4. Clarity: The professor presented
instructional material clearly.
5. Expertise: The professor displayed
expertise in the subject.
6. Class Level: The professor presented
material at a level appropriate to the course.
7. Learning Styles: When appropriate, the
professor combined methods of instruction
(visual, auditory, etc.) to accommodate
various student learning styles.
Page 1 of 2