SAMPLE JOB DESCRIPTION TEMPLATE
District School Nutrition Directors/Supervisors
General Function and Scope
The District School Nutrition Director/Supervisor will oversee all aspects of the district
Child Nutrition Program (CNP) operation. The job functions include administrating,
planning, directing assessing, implementing, and evaluating the program in order to meet
the nutritional and educational needs of children, as they relate to the CNP. The school
nutrition professional shall partner with others in the school district and community to
solicit support for the development of a sound nutrition assistance food program while
following federal, state, and local guidelines. The CNP is to provide an environment that
supports healthy food habits while maintaining program integrity and customer
Essential Functional Areas of Responsibilities
• Establishes quality standards for the presentation and service of food.
• Implements a district-wide customer service driven philosophy that focuses on
value and satisfaction.
Sanitation, Food Safety, and Employee Safety
• Establishes procedures to ensure that food is prepared and served in a sanitary and
• Develops and integrates employee safety regulations into all phases of the school
• Establishes procedures and policies for risk management.
Financial Management and Recordkeeping
• Establishes measurable financial objectives and goals for the CNP.
• Manages the CNP using appropriate financial management techniques.
• Implements efficient management techniques to ensure all records and supporting
documentation are maintained in accordance with local, state, and federal laws
• Develops procedures to ensure the food production system provides safe
nutritious food of high quality.
• Ensures operational procedures for efficient and effective food production and
Sample Job Description Template for District School Nutrition Directors/Supervisors