SOUTH COAST HOSPICE & PALLIATIVE SERVICES, INC.
JOB DESCRIPTION - CNA/HHA JOB DESCRIPTION
High school education or GED is required.
Must possess a current Certified Nurses Assistant (CNA) license from the Oregon State Board
Must be certified as a Home Health Aide (HHA) in the State of Oregon or be able to secure such
certification within 30 days.
Must have and provide proof of professional liability insurance coverage.
Must have current CPR certification.
Able to receive direction and independently follow tasks through with minimum supervision.
Demonstrate excellent critical thinking skills.
Must be able to operate basic office equipment necessary to performance of duties, e.g. fax,
copier, multi-phone line and computer.
Able to meet the physical demands of the job, such as patient lifting, repositioning, transferring,
10. Must be able to communicate clearly and concisely.
11. Must be able to respond to others, patients and co-workers, in a caring, calm and supportive
12. Detail oriented, able to multi-task and remain flexible with assignments.
13. Must have strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
14. Must demonstrate an exemplary work ethic.
15. Maintains professional integrity throughout performance of all job duties, demonstrates
exemplary work ethic.
16. Upholds attendance and performance standards.
17. Complies with HIPAA standards regarding patient confidentiality.
18. Adheres to the practice of confidentiality regarding SCH staff and the organization as a
19. Able to serve as a positive representative of SCH at all times.
20. Able to act in a kind, decent and respectful manner at all times.
21. Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings and/or weekends as needed, requested or
22. Ability to keep private your personal problems while demonstrating positive behaviors.
23. Must be able to recognize, support and adhere to all SCH policies and procedures.
24. Must possess, or within 30 days be able to possess, a valid Oregon Driver’s License or ID
card, dependable transportation and proof of automobile insurance coverage.
25. Must satisfactorily complete Initial Competency Skills checklist with Primary Care Coordinator
(PCC) within 30 days of hire.
Basic CNA/HHA skills
Operation of computer
Strong organizational, interpersonal and teambuilding skills.
Excellent communication skills, written, verbal and listening, allowing clear and concise
communication with staff and patients.
Page 1 of 4